We are delighted that Nathan Goodman and Liam Riddick from the Richard Alston Dance Company at The Place have both been nominated for Outstanding Male Performance (Modern) in the Critics’ Circle National Dance Awards.
The winners will be announced at a lunchtime ceremony to be held at a central London venue on Monday 27 January 2013.
Outstanding male performance (modern)
- Nathan Goodman (in ‘Madcap’ for Richard Alston Dance Company)
- Christopher Marney (Count Lilac in ‘Sleeping Beauty’ For New Adventures)
- Liam Riddick (in ‘Buzzing round the Hunisuccle’ for Richard Alston Dance Company)
- Paul White (in ‘The Oracle’ For Meryl Tankard)
Outstanding female performance (modern)
- Julie Cunningham (in ‘New Works 2012’ for Michael Clark Company)
- Rocío Molina (in ‘Danzaora’ at Sadler’s Wells)
- Clemmie Sveaas (in ‘Witch-Hunt’ for Bern Ballett)
- Hannah Vassallo (for Aurora in ‘Sleeping Beauty’ for New Adventures)
Best modern choreography
- Guilherme Botelho (‘Sideways Rain’ for Alias)
- Matthew Bourne (‘Sleeping Beauty’ for New Adventures)
- Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui (‘Puz/Zle’ for Eastman)
- Russell Maliphant (‘Fallen’ for Balletboyz® Thetalent)
To see the full nomination list.